COMP 3711H Design and Analysis
of Algorithms (Honors Track)
Dr. Mordecai GOLIN
Room 3559, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 09/12/2016 Assignment 4 Grades now posted to Canvas. Marked assignment 4s can be retrieved from box outside room 4209
- 06/12/2016 Info about Review session ( Dec 8, 2:45-3:30, Rm 5619) posted on Exam page
- 06/12/2016 Assignment 4 Solution just posted. Available here and on Assignment page
- 01/12/2016 Answer to question concerning Homework 4, Problem 2 posted on Assignment page
- 20/11/16 All Class Grades now available on Canvas https://canvas.ust.hk/
In Canvas, go COMP3711H and click on Grades
- 18/11/16 Assignment 4 just posted. Due December 2, 2016. Available here and on Assignment page
- Old News available here
Other Reference Texts
- Lecture venue and time: Rm 5583, 16:30-17:50 on
Tuesday and Thursday
- Tutorial venue and time: Rm 6602, 18:00 - 18:50 on
- Tutor's info: CAO Junhong email@example.com
- Tutor's office hour: TBA
- Office Hours
- If you have any question about the course, you can
talk to me after class or by appointment, find the tutor during his
office hours, or send your questions to me or the TA by email.
Papadimitriou, and Vazirani. McGraw Hill.
- Syllabus (Tentative)
- Sorting Algorithms
- Balanced Binary Search Trees,
- Algorithmic Design Techniques:
Divide-and-Conquer, Dynamic Programming, Greedy
- Approximation & Randomized Algorithms
- (30%) . There will be four
assignments, each worth the same amount. Each assignment will
have 10-14 days to complete. The first assignment will be
distributed towards the end of September.
- (30%) Midterm: Thursday, October 20, 19:00-21:00 in Room 2304
- (40%) Final:
- The tutor will regularly inform me of students'
participation in tutorials. Active participation in tutorials may be
considered in minor grade adjustment at instructor's discretion.
Intellectual Honesty and Plagiarism
- Students are expected to follow the HKUST Academic Honor Code
- All work submitted for grading, e.g., assignments, must be your own.
- You are permitted to discuss problems with other students but you must write-up all solutions by yourself, in your own words.
- If you got the main idea for a solution from another student or a web-site you must acknowledge that source in your submission.
of non-acknowledged material will be considered as plagiarism and dealt
with under the university policy for cheating.
August 25, 2016