Qiang Yang's Invited Talks
- Invited Speaker at SIAM
International Conference on Data Mining (SDM-12), Anaheim, CA USA,
April 26-28, 2012. Title: Cross-Domain
Knowledge Transfer in Data Mining
- Invited Talk at 2nd
International workshop on Sustainable Medical Collaboration in East
& West 2011, KHU, Korea, Sept 22, 2011
- Keynote Talk at PCC
(Chinese Pervasive Computing Conference, 2011), Title:
"Collaborative, Cross-Domain Activity Recognition For Ambient Living
(协作及跨域环境下的动作识别)", Sept 17, 2011, Tsinghua University, China.
- Invited Talk at MSRA-HIT Summer
School on Natural Language Processing 2011 (Lecture
Notes), Aug 1, 2011.
- Invited Talk at IJCAI Workshop on Social Web Mining: Transfer
Learning in Social Recommendations. July 25, 2011. Barcelona,
- Invited Talk at ICML Workshop on Unsupervised and Transfer
Learning: Towards Heterogeneous Transfer Learning. Seattle, WA, July 2,
- Invited Talk at Tencent Business Intelligence Day: Large-scale
User Behavior Data Mining: Challenges and Opportunities. June
- Invited Talk at Machine Learning Summer School, Singapore, June
2011: Heterogeneous Transfer Learning with Applications.
- Keynote at 2011 Chinese Conference on Data Mining (CCDM 2011, 中国数据挖掘年会):
Learning by Analogy to Transfer Learning", May 2011, Guangzhou,
Distinguished Lecture Series, Academia Sinica, Institute of
Information Science, Taipei Taiwan. May 2011.
Chinese Computer Federation, Youth Forum (YOCSEF) Invited Talk:
"Activity Recognition based on Sensor Data", Beijing, Dec 2010. (Program,
- MLA 2010:
Chinese Machine Learning and Applications Workshop. Nanjing, China.
- 2010 WISM
2010/AICI 2010, Keynote Speaker: Cross-Media Transfer Learning in
Link Prediction. Oct 2010.
Australasian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence. Keynote
Speech: Data Mining for Sensor-based Activity Recognition. Dec 2010.
Keynote speech: Cross-Media Transfer Learning for Link Prediction.
August 10, 2010 (FSKD2010 Photo)
- TAAI 2010 AI Forum: http://www.taai.org.tw/.
Keynote Speech on Transfer Learning and Activity Recognition. Taiwan,
- Nokia 2010 Workshop on Mobile Intelligent System. Invited Talk on
Mobile Context Learning. Beijing, Apr. 2010.
- ICDM 2009 Workshop on Domain Driven Data Mining (http://datamining.it.uts.edu.au/dddm09/:
Keynote Speech. Title: Transfer Leaning in Domain-driven Data Mining.
Miami, USA. Dec 2009.
- IJCAI 2009 Invited Talk: Activity
Recognition: Linking Low-level Sensors to High-level Intelligence, Pasadena CA USA. July 17 2009. (Video&Slides @ Videolectures.net; and invited paper in PDF format)
- ACL-IJCNLP 2009 Invited Talk:
Heterogeneous Transfer Learning with Real-world Applications, Singapore, August 2009 (Slides in PDF Format
invited paper in PDF format)
- ACML 2009 Invited Talk: Transfer Learning Beyond
Text Classification. Nanjing, China, November 2009
- Invited Talk: Enjoy Life Through Research.
2009 Hong Kong Baptist University, Graduate Research Symposium.
- Keynote Speech: Recent Advances on Transfer Learning, at 3rd ISKE Conference on
Intelligent Systems and Knowledge Engineering, Xiamen, China, Nov
- Keynote Speech: An Introduction to Transfer Learning.
at Advanced Data Mining and Applications Conference (ADMA'08, Chengdu, Sichuan, China,
- Invited Talk: Chinese Machine Learning Workshop MLA'07, Nanjing,
China, Nov 2007 (program and
- Keynote Speech: Mining the Web for Query Classification
- Invited talk at Sixth International Conference on Bioinformatics (InCoB2007),
HKUST, Hong Kong. Title: Data
Mining for Bioinformatics: Some Challenging Problems (ppt)
Challenging Problems for Data Mining -- A Position Presentation at ICDM
http://www.cs.uvm.edu/~icdm/10Problems/index.shtml for a companion
- Invited Talk Speaker for EWCBR2000,
PRICAI2000 and Canadian AI