Introduction to Combinatorial
- 04/12/07 The
database is now available
- 29/11/07 The 4th assignment has just been uploaded.
Please see the
- 14/11/07 The 3rd assignment has just been uploaded.
Please see the
- 29/10/07 One of the equations in Assignment 2, problem 3 was
entered "incorrectly". This has been updated. Please see the
assignment page for more details.
Because of this the due date has been delayed to November 6. The latex
source of the assignment 3 has also been uploaded to the page for your use.
- 20/10/07 It was pointed out that problem 4 in Assignment 1 was
ill-defined. This is correct. Therefore problem 4 will not be
counted in the marking of Assignment 1. Please see the
assignment page and
solution key for more
- 16/10/07 Some small typos were fixed in the notes. Please see
Revision page for more details.
- 26/09/07 Dr Golin will have to miss the classes on October 2 and 4.
Those classes will be given by Dr. Iris Reinbacher.
- 24/09/07 The first assignment has just been uploaded. Please see the
- Welcome to COMP572!!!
(available at the HKUST bookstore and on reserve in the library)
Combinatorial optimization : algorithms and
Christos H. Papadimitriou and Kenneth Steiglitz
Englewood Cliffs, N.J. : Prentice Hall, c1982
QA402.5 .P37 1982
Reprinted by Dover Books, 1998
List of other references available
|Tue & Thu
||13:30 - 14:50
Intellectual Honesty and Plagiarism
- Students are expected to follow the
HKUST Academic honor
- All work submitted for grading, e.g.,
assignments, must be your own.
- You are permitted to discuss problems with
other students but you must write-up all solutions by yourself, in your own
- If you got the main idea for a solution
from another student or a web-site you must acknowledge that source in your
- Submission of non-acknowledged material will
be considered as plagiarism and dealt with under the university policy for