Assignments wilbe collected using the CSE department Course Assignment Submission System (CASS) system.
- Before using the system you MUST have an activated CSE department computer account.
- This is different than your ITSC computer account.
CSE department has created departmental accounts for all students
registered in CSE courses but they must be activated.
- If you have never used yours, please go to https://password.cse.ust.hk:8443/pass.html to activate your account BEFORE trying to submit your assignment.
you are registered in multiple courses that use CASS, you will
need to select comp3711h from the pulldown menu (do NOT select
comp3711). The assignment name in CASS will be ASSIGNMNETX where
- Revisions to Homework Assignment will also be flagged on the Revisions Log page
- Assignment 1 Solutions
- Due: October 7, 2014 at 11:59PM
- Assignment corrected on October 6, 2014 (in 1b, logn changed to h)
- October 26, 2014: Missing part added to solution of Problem 3(a)
- Assignment 2 Solutions
- Due: October 23, 2014 at 11:59PM CHANGED TO October 24, 2014 at 11:59PM
- October 19, 2014: Assignment revised (in 5, termination conditions revised)
- October 19, 2014: Student question on problem 2b
- Q: In 2(b) can we write data into arrays A and B and can SEL be called on subarrays of arrays of A and B
Yes, you may write/move data in Arrays A and B. Also, similar to
the selection algorithm in class, SEL can be called on subarrays.,
e.g., SEL(A,i,j,k) would find the k'th item in subarray A[i..j] and SEL(B,i,j,k) would find the k'th item in subarray B[i..j]
- October 25, 2014: Typo in solution to problem 3(b) corrected. Equation should be ...-n-4, not ..-n-3.
- October 27, 2014: Fixed other typos in problem 3(b) solution. Also added alternate proof of cost of 3(b).
- Assignment 3 Solutions
- Due: November 16, 2014 at 11:59 PM
- Note that Problem 2 requires understanding the Union-Find algorithm, which we will learn on Nov 4.
- Assignment 4 Solutions
- Due December 1, 2014 at 11:59PM
- November 24, 2014 (flow/capacity values added for E->D edge in problem 4 diagram)
Return to COMP3711H Fall 2014 Home Page